Introduction to the Office of International and Cross-Strait Affairs
- (International and Cross-Strait Affairs)
The original Center for International and Cross-Strait Affairs was established in September 2010, with the aim of promoting humanistic, educational, and academic exchange in China and overseas, as well as implementing cooperative activities with overseas schools and industries.
The Center was positioned within the Secretary’s Office in the school’s administrative structure, and was directly responsible to the secretary general of CNU.
- (Office of International and Cross-Strait Affairs)
In response to the increasing importance of overseas and cross-strait recruitment, the Center was renamed the Office of International and Cross-Strait Affairs in April 2017, and upgraded to a level one administrative division. The primary responsibilities of the Office are as follows:
- To promote and handle academic cooperation agreements between CNU and overseas schools or academic research institutes, as well as organizing visits and other exchange activities.
- Two arrange research activities and two-way exchanges of staff and students with overseas partner institutions.
- To promote and host overseas visits and exchange activities for our students.
- To assist the Office of Academic Affairs to recruit foreign, overseas Chinese, Hong Kong, Macau and mainland Chinese students, and deal with their admission and orientation.
- To assist students engaged in overseas internships to deal with emergency situations.
- To assist in the organization of international collaborations, meetings, and other academic activities.